Last week was a bit crap. I can say that can't I? The best thing to come out of it was Ed Sheeran's album, which I've listened to on repeat for the last 24 hours.
I think it's only natural to go through these phases. The weeks where getting out of bed is as much effort as leaving the house. If you couldn't tell from my last post, I'm having weekly wtf-am-I-doing freak outs about my future, and not even my first ever spray tan experience can shake off this 3/10 feeling.
So I thought I would cheer myself up, by writing about the moments of happiness which did grace my life last week, because there have been moments. I've just been too preoccupied to notice them at the time.
1. The other night, my housemates and I put a Disney playlist on Spotify, and between making dinner, doing uni work, and plaiting eachothers hair, we had several renditions of Disney classics. Colours of the Wind was in my head until I fell asleep hours later.
2. A week ago today, I found out I'd been shortlisted for a university award. I originally thought it was just a list of the names of everyone nominated, but it turns out they'd narrowed it down. And on Saturday, whilst at the Societies and Media ball, I actually won it. I think it was all a bit surreal, but watching my best friends win awards around me too, did make me cry with happiness. That, and the wine.
3. I am TANNED! That's right. I had my body sprayed all over with an orange hose, and despite not leaving the house yesterday, sine showering it off, I am pretty convinced this is the best £15 I've spent in a long time. The reason for this was the ball I just mentioned, and although I've used fake tan before, it was my first experience of a spray tan. It's safe to say myself and my friend Caroline, are now very acquainted with each other's bodies... paper thongs leave not very much to the imagination.
4. I may feel a bit lost in every other aspect of my life, but right now, I am feeling very positive about blogging. For the first time in ages, I'm throwing myself back into Alice's Antics and I feel so good about it! I've missed the buzz I used to get from writing a new post, but it's back and hopefully will result in some good ol' content for the foreseeable future.
5. Despite my shitty week, it ended on a high. 'Socs Ball' was one of my favourite university experiences so far- and not just because I went braless for the first time ever, (WOOHOO)! I was surrounded by the people I love, all looking 10/10, drinking, singing and dancing until the early hours. It was a wonderful reminder of how high the highs are, even in a week of lows.
Sometimes writing things down is enough to clear your head. My mum instilled that in me as a way to organise your life, and I stand by it to this day. It's not all bad!
Love, Alice x