Recently I've been thinking about some of the life moments I've been through where I've thought I'm the only person, and then later found out I'm definitely not alone. A sense of pride comes over me when I think of all the people who makes the active choice to not run for the bus when you can see it's not within feasible walking distance.
It's been a little while since I've written a list, and I've said it many a time, I love a good list. So here are some things I've come up with which allow you to rest easy tonight knowing, if you do commit one of the following, you're totally not alone.
1) You don't actually want to look scary on halloween, but y'know, don't want to look like you meant to be a slut either. A classy halloween costume- that's it.
2) Putting your hair in a ponytail if it hasn't been washed for a day... or 2...
3) If you politely pretend to ignore the money in your birthday card until after you've finished reading it, 'Oh, look, a £20 note in my lap! I didn't even notice it!'
4) Getting secretly jealous of young children who you know will grow up to be ridiculously gorgeous.
5) To judge somebody you're interested in on their surname... you could be sharing it one day.
6) When you switch off the second somebody says 'I had such a weird dream...!'
7) Laying awake worrying about something so profusely you don't sleep until the early hours, only to wake up and laugh at your past self for the ridiculousness of said-worry.
8) That even though you love Clueless, the whole 'dating your step brother' thing ruins the film a bit, whatever people say, it is still weird.
9) When you concentrate so hard on making eye contact with somebody, you get distracted and start thinking about making eye contact and then miss what they were saying in the first place.
10) If you wiki an actors age to find out whether they're within marrying age for you or not.
11) To spend more time looking at girls on Facebook than guys, you don't need to fancy them to admire them.
12) Taking a 'sniff test' to determine whether your clothes need washing, not how long they've been on your body.
13) Pretend to have something in common with the person you fancy -golf? what a coincidence my handicap is totally 12! (wtf is a handicap)
14) Not wanting people to sit next to you on the bus/train/tube, but secretly getting offended when everyone else has somebody next to them and people are standing, but the seat next to you is still empty.
15) Waiting to say 'Anywhere round here is fine' until the taxi is directly outside your door.
I hope this lightened a few of your weekends and you're all having lovely Sundays!
Ciao for Now!